Do I have to buy a car through a dealer?

No, you can buy privately as well as off a dealer.

Does SW Finance do pre-approvals?

Yes, in fact we recommend this process so we can give you a better idea on what vehicle value meets your budget or preferred repayment price range. Also once approved we can assist in finding the perfect car to fit your requirements.

Do I need A+ Credit?

No, we have resources available to secure finance for most applicants including previous bankrupts.

Do I need a drivers licence?

Preferably, yes. However if your learner licence is upgradable (to restricted) we can often obtain finance.

Can I finance accessories?

Absolutely, we can build upgrades into any finance quote, whether it be a tow bar, tinted glass, mag wheels or even a body kit.

Do I have to be a New Zealand resident?

No, each application is processed differently. As long as you can provide a working visa or similar we have facilities in place to assist with your funding.


Finance Now Related Information

MARAC Related Information

Schedule of Standard Fees and Charges Applied to Consumer Contracts

Consumer Loan and Security General Terms

UDC Finance Related Information

Standard fees and charges applicable to Consumer Contracts

Standard Contracts / Terms and Conditions

Credit Sale Agreements:

Terms and Conditions:

Term Loan and Security Agreement (if applicable):
https://udc.co.nz/tp/download/644546/941458797c37b7425bee8f5f2a2b1542/20152104005.pdf https://udc.co.nz/tp/download/644550/f831f160889620b6d187e447d2689745/20152104007.pdf

General Information

What should I do if I change my address?

What should I do if I have a complaint?
What dispute resolution schemes does UDC belong to and how can I access them?

As a borrower, how can I apply for unforeseen hardship relief?
What happens if I default under my agreement including, if relevant, repossession?


What should I do if something goes wrong?

Our goal is to make sure that you’re taken care of and receive the world-class service we take pride in at SW Finance. But we know that sometimes concerns or issues may arise. Should you have a dispute about payments or anything else, please let us know as soon as possible. We’ll work with you through mediation to help resolve the issue with a positive outcome.

If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our service, please tell us in the first instance and we will try to fix the problem through our internal process. If your complaint is still not resolved to your satisfaction, or you decide not to use our internal complaints process, you can contact my independent external Disputes Resolution Scheme, Financial Dispute Resolution Service. This service is free to you and will help resolve our issue through mediation or adjudication.

You can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service at:

PO Box 5730, Wellington 6145

Telephone number:
0508 337 337

Email address: